Professors may need to enter registration overrides for some students during registration. No paper form is needed for this process. Recording an override does not register a student. Once the override is recorded, the student must access Banner self-service and register for the course.
The following overrides are available through your Banner self-service account.
- Override Pre-/Co-Requisites allows students to register for a course even though they lack the stated requisite.
- Override Course Restrictions allows students to register for a course who do not meet the class level or program of study specified for the course. For more information about the criteria for these restrictions, see the entry on Registration.
- Override Time Conflicts allows students to register for more than one course that meets at the same time.
- Consent to Add after One Week allows students to register for a course after the first week of the semester but before the Last Day to Add deadline.
- Log in to Banner self-service
- Select Faculty Services > Student Menu > Registration Overrides
- Select current term, then enter ID or name of student, leaving the Search Type as “All.”
- Select the desired student from list of names
- Select the appropriate override and course from the drop down menus and submit.
- Review the override and course on the next page and submit again.
- You will receive confirmation that the override has been recorded.